Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
President'n is...The MENG....You Know....The 🍊 MENG!
1. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Thu, 5/2/2024, 8:10PM EST
Trump To Address Libertarian Convention In Move That Has Members Debating Merits

"Donald Trump will address the Libertarian Party national convention, in a move that promises publicity for America's largest "third party" while giving Trump an opportunity to shake some non-uniparty votes in his direction.

At the same time, however, Trump puts himself at risk of enduring hostile elements in the crowd, aimed at a candidate with many decidedly non-libertarian tendencies. Trump's pending appearance has also exacerbated some divisions within the Libertarian Party, with some members are questioning the wisdom and propriety of putting Trump in the Libertarian spotlight, and others saying it's a smart move for multiple reasons."

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/trump-address-libertarian-convention-move-has-members-debating-merits

I guess he hopes they have short memories? Better yet, no memory at all
2. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Fri, 5/3/2024, 7:57AM EST
LOL
3. Author: HockeyDadDate: Fri, 5/3/2024, 8:03AM EST
Do the libertarians even know they have a convention?
4. Author: RayRDate: Fri, 5/3/2024, 8:22AM EST
It's true that Trump has limited libertarian tendencies, and it almost seems laughable that they would invite him to speak.
But, it's a smart move, the MSM which mostly ignores the Libertarian Party on purpose won't be able to resist covering it. So, it'll be good exposure.

And yes HD, they know they have a convention. It's in the belly of the beast this year, in da SWAMP!
Did you know they actually have real debates too? I know...unheard of!

Libertarian National Convention 2024
May 21, 2024 - May 29, 2024
Washington Hilton | 1919 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009

https://lnc2024.com/
5. Author: Speyside2Date: Fri, 5/3/2024, 11:02AM EST
Robert, what do you mean by MENG? i do not know what this means.
6. Author: jeeblingDate: Fri, 5/3/2024, 11:55AM EST
I’ve voted Libertarian in the past. Perot for ‘92 and Johnson for ‘12 and ‘16. I voted for Trump for ‘20 and will vote for him again in ‘24. I don’t consider myself a Libertarian but I’m closer to Libertarian than any of the other ideologies when I look closely. I’m no Republican but I consider myself on the Conservative end of the political spectrum. The Libertarians can’t stand any group, especially other Libertarians. Ideology aside. The party machine / leadership has crappy leadership and the body politic is severely fractured along ideological platform disagreements. One significant problem outside the rank and file is that the party has no voting history but rather a lot of speech makers. We need more serious politicians like Gary Johnson on record for their policy votes. Otherwise the Libertarian party will never be taken seriously, IMHO.

I think it is a very good idea to have Trump speak at the convention and I wish they could get Biden to do so. That would be a very good idea at the DNC and GOP conventions but I can see why it would be terrible in practice. Imagine any of those scenarios. Full riots, mayhem and bloodshed is not beyond the scope of likely outcomes.
7. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Fri, 5/3/2024, 12:07PM EST
Look, the Libertarian Party has a place. Gary Johnson doesn't. He was ill-informed on matters of the day that he would HAVE to make decisions on and showed up high to debates. Sorry, no.

As for the rest of your last post...I agree, but disagree. I worked for H. Ross Perot's company. It was stellar. He raised awareness to the National Debt that NOBODY dared utter, hence the "crazy ol' grandma in the basement" analogy. He might've been an effective leader in that role, but he picked the wrong running mate and his worse mistake...quitting and then jumping back into the race. The Commander In Chief isn't a position you want somebody to hold where their 1st instinct is to cut and run. That and "My way or the highway" style of leadership (though he could be persuaded to alter course IF it made financial sense!) wouldn't do much to work across the aisles (PLURAL! Because he wouldn't have their support) as a 3rd Party will not march into power in the Legislative Branch. It would be a Bully Pulpit Presidency where NOTHING gets done and while I have supported 3rd Party candidates the party lacks true legitimacy and veers into UFO's and other weird crap that doesn't help the nation.

Biden's handlers would NEVER put him into the room with Libertarians. EVER!
8. Author: jeeblingDate: Fri, 5/3/2024, 12:09PM EST
I can’t argue with that.
9. Author: RayRDate: Fri, 5/3/2024, 1:05PM EST
I like the slogan "BECOME UNGOVERNABLE"

Joey B. wouldn't like that.
10. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Fri, 5/3/2024, 7:51PM EST
#5 speyside

Watch "SCARFACE" WITH AL PACINO
THEN YOULL KNOW WHAT "MENG" MEANS....

SPANISH MUMBLING " MUMBLE MUMBLE ER ES A SAMMICH MENG"
11. Author: RayRDate: Wed, 5/8/2024, 11:55AM EST
Interesting. A debate would be cool.
Like DMV said, "Biden's handlers would NEVER put him into the room with Libertarians. EVER!" The Libertarians would laugh him out of the convention.

RFK Jr. Offers to Debate Trump at Libertarian Party Convention, Attacks His Record on COVID and Draining ‘The Swamp Creatures’

by Ben Kew May. 8, 2024 7:00 am

Quote:
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has offered to debate Donald Trump at the Libertarian Party convention later this month.

Both Kennedy and Trump are scheduled to speak at the convention this month after the Libertarian Party invited all presidential candidates to their convention to discuss issues around freedom and limited government. Joe Biden declined their invitation.

In a post on the X platform, Kennedy began his pitch by citing polling data between the two candidates and baiting Trump with accusations that he had failed on various issues such as COVID.

MORE...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/05/rfk-jr-offers-debate-trump-libertarian-party-convention/
12. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Wed, 5/8/2024, 12:41PM EST
RayR wrote:
Interesting. A debate would be cool.
Like DMV said, "Biden's handlers would NEVER put him into the room with Libertarians. EVER!" The Libertarians would laugh him out of the convention.

RFK Jr. Offers to Debate Trump at Libertarian Party Convention, Attacks His Record on COVID and Draining ‘The Swamp Creatures’

by Ben Kew May. 8, 2024 7:00 am

A debate isn't happening. Hell, RFK Jr. stood up the Libertarian Party! Besides, other than his attackdog stance on Big Pharma he's a loon*. Campaigned for Clinton, Obama, Hillary and Biden. Tell me you're NOT a Democrat while helping get them elected...again, and again and again....his wasted shot was being VP on Trump's ticket. That would've showed America how serious Trump was about reaching across the aisle. I still like Tim Scott, but Tulsi Gabbard could be the dark horse in the race.

* This might explain that: https://dnyuz.com/2024/05/08/r-f-k-jr-says-doctors-found-a-dead-worm-in-his-brain/
13. Author: RayRDate: Wed, 5/8/2024, 1:24PM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:
A debate isn't happening. Hell, RFK Jr. stood up the Libertarian Party! Besides, other than his attackdog stance on Big Pharma he's a loon*. Campaigned for Clinton, Obama, Hillary and Biden. Tell me you're NOT a Democrat while helping get them elected...again, and again and again....his wasted shot was being VP on Trump's ticket. That would've showed America how serious Trump was about reaching across the aisle. I still like Tim Scott, but Tulsi Gabbard could be the dark horse in the race.

* This might explain that: https://dnyuz.com/2024/05/08/r-f-k-jr-says-doctors-found-a-dead-worm-in-his-brain/

I think all LEFTIES have brain-eating worms in their head, but regardless, if a debate happened it would be interesting especially if the Libertarian presidential candidate was part of the debate.
14. Author: jeeblingDate: Wed, 5/8/2024, 1:27PM EST
I like Senator Marsha Blackburn for the VP spot but that would not show the commitment to reaching across the aisle. I think she would stand a chance at winning general election for ‘28.
15. Author: RobertHivelyDate: Wed, 5/8/2024, 9:39PM EST
DrMaddVibe wrote:

That's Uncle Bosie level chit Lol
16. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Wed, 5/15/2024, 9:55AM EST
Trump Pollster: ‘Political Persecution of Donald Trump Is Backfiring’

The political persecution of former President Donald Trump is “backfiring,” Trump pollster John McLaughlin, CEO and partner of McLaughlin & Associates, said during an appearance on Breitbart News Daily.

McLaughlin discussed some of the changes that are being seen in the polls, as things certainly seem to be moving in former President Donald Trump’s direction.

He cited an Emerson College Poll of New Jersey that showed Trump within five points. What is more, that survey was taken before Trump’s massive rally in the Garden State, which attracted an estimated 100,000 people.

“They had [President Joe] Biden 44 and Trump at 39 … that was a state we lost by 16 points,” he said, also pointing to an April Siena Poll looking at New York State, which had Trump within ten points.

“We lost 61 to 38 in 2020, and now within ten … Something’s going on where we know that the court case and political persecution of Donald Trump is backfiring,” McLaughlin said.

LISTEN: https://tinyurl.com/4cjc3c84 - Breitbart · John McLaughlin – May 14, 2024

“We also know that two thirds of voters in our national polls that we publish … we took a monthly national poll, you can see our numbers and it goes back to the previous elections. But we know two-thirds of voters, 66 percent, say the country is on the wrong track. Fifty-six percent say that Biden — they disapprove of the job he’s doing. They say the economy is getting worse, 64 to 31. Inflation has negatively impacted … voters where you have 48 percent saying that they can’t even afford basic necessities, and then you get 66 percent telling us that these political cases against Trump are all about politics. Fifty-six percent say Biden played a role in the prosecutions of Trump,” he explained.

Further, he said voters — 53 percent to 36 percent — believe Biden is trying to put Trump in jail to stop him from being president.

“That’s the majority of Americans. … I said President Trump last year, [I] said the only time you’ve committed is you’re ahead in the polls,” he said, describing Biden as a “ruthless, corrupt president.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/14/exclusive-trump-pollster-political-persecution-donald-trump-backfiring/

Jack Smith was the POS that Pedo Joe's DOJ needed. They knew he was a crummy lawyer that uses the worst examples to push his case and gets overturned 9-0 by higher courts....Frying pan

Then again, I TOLD YOU SO...when "lawfare" reared its head that ALL of the cases were crap. Pedo Joe has now pushed the Executive Branch to Death Row making the SCOTUS decide what powers that branch gets to keep and if it gets to keep their balls. Shameful, but everyone with a brain knew Biden was a defect of a human.
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic