Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev45678NextLast
500 Lost souls swimming in a fish bowl
251. Author: danmdevriesDate: Wed, 4/24/2024, 7:23PM EST
Stayed an hour OT at work today.

Saved me 35 minutes on the drive home.

One thing I miss about working nights is going to work driving north while the masses were driving south and vice versa. On the upside I'm driving west while the sun rises and east while it sets instead of the other way around so I've not had to use my sun visor since switching to days. Sometimes the sun would be right behind the traffic signals and had to do some creative hand shielding to see em. Should invest in some prescription sunglasses. Been saying that forever.
252. Author: jeeblingDate: Wed, 4/24/2024, 8:33PM EST
I drove west this morning and east late this afternoon. Had to visit the VA hospital in Dallas. I’ve got a 4cm spot of low grade dysplasia in my esophagus and now my prostrate is suddenly, for the first time, giving me trouble and they think I should get a colonoscopy as well. I’m awaiting results on what they want to do for the prostrate so they’ve put the esophageal surgery on temporary hold. I’m not even old. Not fair lol
253. Author: Ram27Date: Wed, 4/24/2024, 9:17PM EST
Don't wait jeeps,better safe than sorry. Take it from someone who has had both colon and bladder cancer. Anxious

Get it addressed.

Good luck.
254. Author: Ram27Date: Wed, 4/24/2024, 9:19PM EST
Òops sorry jeebs.
255. Author: jeeblingDate: Wed, 4/24/2024, 9:30PM EST
Ram27 wrote:
Òops sorry jeebs.

Thanks, Ram. I’m going to do what the doctor suggests (other than not smoking cigars!). I hope you are well and recovered fully. And you can call me jeeps if you want to. I’ll answer to almost anything lol
256. Author: Ram27Date: Wed, 4/24/2024, 9:37PM EST
Doing well , continue with colonspy check up and prostate.
257. Author: danmdevriesDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 6:08AM EST
Happy Thursday fellas
258. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 6:27AM EST
Cool Dudes...
259. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 7:10AM EST
Welcome to Thursdays gang. Herfing
260. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 7:27AM EST
Yo Ram and dudes. Fore! Gonna go what balls.
261. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 8:02AM EST
TW cries after he what's his balls... or so I heard... Mellow
262. Author: jeeblingDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 9:33AM EST
Hey hey, made it to Thursday. Morning dudes. DED don’t what’s them balls too hard 🥸
263. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 10:02AM EST
Wife only works a four) day work-week, so she has today off. We'll just hang out together and run errands to get additional time together. Herfing
264. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 11:57AM EST
wife and I both retired more than 10 years ago...we've been hanging out a lot and have discovered that traveling without the other, a day or two or a few weeks at a time, works for our relationship ...ymmv

edit: just had a melancholy thought after reading the title of this thread...could the number really be 8 Billion + ?
265. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 1:28PM EST
Good Thursday Afternoon to All! Dental cleaning and checkup done this morning, best of all, no boat payments found! Winning.
266. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 2:47PM EST
delta1 wrote:
just had a melancholy thought after reading the title of this thread...could the number really be 8 Billion + ?

Of course
267. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 3:00PM EST
delta1 wrote:
wife and I both retired more than 10 years ago...we've been hanging out a lot and have discovered that traveling without the other, a day or two or a few weeks at a time, works for our relationship ...ymmv

edit: just had a melancholy thought after reading the title of this thread...could the number really be 8 Billion + ?

Couple of quotes from friends of mine:

“Retirement - you should try it sometime.”

“If I knew retirement was gonna be this good, I woulda done it sooner.”
268. Author: Stogie1020Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 3:02PM EST
Gene363 wrote:
Good Thursday Afternoon to All! Dental cleaning and checkup done this morning, best of all, no boat payments found! Winning.

Any time I switch dentists, I always like to find out what their hobbies are so I know what I am paying for on those "big bill" days...
269. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 3:38PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:
Any time I switch dentists, I always like to find out what their hobbies are so I know what I am paying for on those "big bill" days...

I HATE to go to the dentist so minimizing any serious dental work is a constant goal of mine. I had horrible dental habits as a kid and have the fillings to prove it. The high-pitched sound of a dental drill still gives me chicken skin! So now, daily flossing, brushing after meals and regular check ups have helped keep my "chair time" to a very manageable amount.
270. Author: jeeblingDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 4:20PM EST
Palama wrote:
I HATE to go to the dentist so minimizing any serious dental work is a constant goal of mine. I had horrible dental habits as a kid and have the fillings to prove it. The high-pitched sound of a dental drill still gives me chicken skin! So now, daily flossing, brushing after meals and regular check ups have helped keep my "chair time" to a very manageable amount.

Don’t forget to brush that tongue after smoking 😉
271. Author: jeeblingDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 4:26PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

I love my kids more than one can imagine but my Son (who is not the best at cooking) wants to make tacos and stuff for dinner tomorrow. No worries go for it. I support your effort to learn how to cook beyond box mac and cheese or ramen noodles. We have plenty of food to cook so start with easy stuff. Cooking flavorful and healthy day to day stuff is not that hard nor requires a lot of time.

Asian food or pizza delivery is a backup plan but I didn't say that to him. I support his desire to learn how to cook but it's always good to have a backup plan.

The kitchen might be a mess but part of cooking is cleaning up the dishes and stuff. That's part of the deal so I got that going for me

^Well?
272. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 6:00PM EST
Good evening all.
Perfect day today. My area of the fish bowl is starting to get some nice weather.
273. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 6:13PM EST
Good evening, gents...

Caught my limit of vermilion snapper. Helped an out of towner with tips and techniques, as well as some of my "fish bites" bait... so he gave me HIS limit of vermilion snapper. Momma got 10 fish today. Cleaned and vacuum sealed already.

Washed the fishy smell off... thought about a cocktail for a minute, but I'm already dead tired.
274. Author: Gene363Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 6:36PM EST
MACS wrote:
Good evening, gents...

Caught my limit of vermilion snapper. Helped an out of towner with tips and techniques, as well as some of my "fish bites" bait... so he gave me HIS limit of vermilion snapper. Momma got 10 fish today. Cleaned and vacuum sealed already.

Washed the fishy smell off... thought about a cocktail for a minute, but I'm already dead tired.

Applause Applause Applause
275. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 6:40PM EST
I love a good snapper.
Not one that smells like fish though.
276. Author: MidnightToker( • )( • )Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 6:48PM EST
So how far back does the history of the 500 go?
Has anyone ever done:

500 licks to the center of the tootsie pop? or maybe
Solving 500 of the world's problems?
500 reasons to fire one up?
277. Author: danmdevriesDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 8:15PM EST
Pretty sure the tootsie pop has been one while I've been here.
278. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 8:26PM EST
The 500 thingy was born when the old forum style limited threads to 500 entries. Since they updated it many years ago with the new format, the 500 max per thread is not limited but the 500 thread still endures.

Thunder.Gerbil made a script one day where he set up a his computer to post gibberish at a high rate automatically just for fun to test how many posts can be made on a single topic. He's not an active poster anymore (good guy) but with his little successful experiment he'sthe #1 poster in Cbid history.

Thunder.Gerbil
Number of Posts: 121,359
Ranking: 1st most prolific poster

I think as a result of this, the forums won't allow you to repeatedly make posts on the same thread for a certain amount of time.
279. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 8:26PM EST
Two 7 NINE!
280. Author: jeeblingDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 8:36PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Two 7 NINE!

Are you going to tell us about taco night or not?
281. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 9:04PM EST
he's gonna wait til Tuesday...the Taco day...
282. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 9:05PM EST
jeebling wrote:
Are you going to tell us about taco night or not?

Son made taco's a couple days ago and didn't drain the beef fat so they were rather greasy. He's not the best at cooking, I need to learn him more but cooking is not one of his strengths. Everyone is different.

His preference for tacos is boring: hard shell with meat and cheese. No lettuce or salsa. On that aspect, I have failed as a parent.

Me: taco meat (drain the oil) squirt of c0ck sauce, soft shell, cheese. lettuce, and middle of the road or spicy salsa Maybe some sliced black olives.

If the worst thing in my life is my son doesn't make tacos the way I like them but made them they way he liked them then I have issues beyond tacos.

When I cook steaks, I like them medium-rare. Pink inside. Some like it well done (waste of meat in my opinion) but who am I to say?
283. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 4/25/2024, 9:09PM EST
huh...why waste money on steak if you're gonna cook it well done...chuck or stewing beef will do...
284. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 9:37PM EST
Palama wrote:

2.5 hours in the dental chair for something that should have been done in 90 minutes.
Been going to this office for 15+ years. Over the past two, there has been more turnover in hygienists and dentist, it feel like a fast food place.

They were bought out by some corporate management group. Think they should rename to McDentals.
285. Author: jeeblingDate: Thu, 4/25/2024, 11:37PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Son made taco's a couple days ago and didn't drain the beef fat so they were rather greasy. He's not the best at cooking, I need to learn him more but cooking is not one of his strengths. Everyone is different.

His preference for tacos is boring: hard shell with meat and cheese. No lettuce or salsa. On that aspect, I have failed as a parent.

Me: taco meat (drain the oil) squirt of c0ck sauce, soft shell, cheese. lettuce, and middle of the road or spicy salsa Maybe some sliced black olives.

If the worst thing in my life is my son doesn't make tacos the way I like them but made them they way he liked them then I have issues beyond tacos.

When I cook steaks, I like them medium-rare. Pink inside. Some like it well done (waste of meat in my opinion) but who am I to say?

Right on. You got to have a home cooked meal with your son and family. Despite your taco training failures as a father I’d say well done, Dad.

Applause
286. Author: PalamaDate: Fri, 4/26/2024, 2:18AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
2.5 hours in the dental chair for something that should have been done in 90 minutes.
Been going to this office for 15+ years. Over the past two, there has been more turnover in hygienists and dentist, it feel like a fast food place.

They were bought out by some corporate management group. Think they should rename to McDentals.

Seems to be a thing. A h.s. classmate of mine sold his solo practice recently and became a member of Corporate America. Dunno who bought him out but I’mma sure he was glad to sell it so he could have a less stressful last few years before retiring.
287. Author: danmdevriesDate: Fri, 4/26/2024, 6:19AM EST
Happy Friday fellas.

I'm late shift today. 1030 till everything's done. On a Friday thats typically midnight ish. And I still woke up at 0500.

288. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 4/26/2024, 6:20AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:

Yes... and most dentists offices now have the "finance" guy or gal that comes in and tells you what they CAN do... what your insurance covers, What you SHOULD do... and how much extra money that's gonna cost. It infuriates me... which is why I no longer carry dental insurance.

F--- that! They don't cover a damn thing anyway, aside from the cheap stuff like cleaning and xrays and exams. Anything that has to be done other than those they pay half and you get stuck with the rest. And the fact that the insurance covers half of the least desirable option... good grief.

Pay cash as I go. Let them know up front I don't have insurance, they know they can't charge me twice as much and I usually get a better price.
289. Author: Ram27Date: Fri, 4/26/2024, 6:22AM EST
Welcome to Friday y'all. ram27bat
290. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 4/26/2024, 7:21AM EST
Morning peeps. Respirator fit testing today. I'm fresh shaved and baby faced. Wife keeps making cooing noises at me. Think I need a bottle
291. Author: deadeyedickDate: Fri, 4/26/2024, 7:34AM EST
Morning Ram and youse guys. Musta slept wrong or sumptin cuz I's got a painful neck today. Trouble turning my head. d'oh!
292. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 4/26/2024, 8:11AM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Morning Ram and youse guys. Musta slept wrong or sumptin cuz I's got a painful neck today. Trouble turning my head. d'oh!

That happens to me on occasion. Sucks each time.

Coffeed up, dog walked. Deadlifts in the garage and then off to the gym for back and biceps day. Gym doesn't have a trap bar... so I got one. Use it for deadlifts, shrugs and farmer carries. Used it in the gym once, then they told me I can't bring outside equipment in there.

Prolly get a new gym in June when I am up for renewal. We'll see. I don't like that they have no freeweights. Dumbells, machines and a few smith machines. There's a better one closer to me, but it's more expensive. I'll have to see if I can cut some kinda deal or sumpin'.
293. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Fri, 4/26/2024, 8:27AM EST
Used to have the neck thing couple times a month. I tried using a really thin pillow and rarely have a problem now. No guarantees, but might be worth looking at
294. Author: Ram27Date: Fri, 4/26/2024, 9:54AM EST
MidnightToker( • )( • ) wrote:
So how far back does the history of the 500 go?
Has anyone ever done:

500 licks to the center of the tootsie pop? or maybe
Solving 500 of the world's problems?
500 reasons to fire one up?

500 started around 2005-2006 by jackconrad, not as a 500 originally.
Stated with a Ping & Pong thread and eventually became the "500" as at that time highest count was "500".
Turned into what it is today, Brothers & Sisters of The Leaf messing around and at times sharing great information shared by all. Many have come & gone from posting in the "500" over the years but you still have us group of "diehard posters".

Hope this helps. ram27bat

295. Author: Gene363Date: Fri, 4/26/2024, 10:22AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:

Our dentist has a partner dentist so they can see more patients and increase their income out of one location. My dental hygienist is quick and through, but I had to wait a while for the final checkup by the dentist, a little less than 90 minutes overall, including setting the next appointment and printing out a receipt.
296. Author: Gene363Date: Fri, 4/26/2024, 10:24AM EST
Good Friday Morning to All! It's °69 on the way to °80 today.
297. Author: jeeblingDate: Fri, 4/26/2024, 1:19PM EST
MACS wrote:
Yes... and most dentists offices now have the "finance" guy or gal that comes in and tells you what they CAN do... what your insurance covers, What you SHOULD do... and how much extra money that's gonna cost. It infuriates me... which is why I no longer carry dental insurance.

F--- that! They don't cover a damn thing anyway, aside from the cheap stuff like cleaning and xrays and exams. Anything that has to be done other than those they pay half and you get stuck with the rest. And the fact that the insurance covers half of the least desirable option... good grief.

Pay cash as I go. Let them know up front I don't have insurance, they know they can't charge me twice as much and I usually get a better price.

My co-pay for a cleaning and exam is $119. But if I go “off schedule “ and don’t use any insurance at all my cash price is $65. I asked WTF is up with this and they more or less said, them’s da rules. Mindless, asinine BS. How can a co-pay be greater than the full price with cash?
298. Author: jeeblingDate: Fri, 4/26/2024, 1:20PM EST
Welcome to Friday, fellas. Or as I like to call it, just another day of the week.
299. Author: Ram27Date: Fri, 4/26/2024, 1:26PM EST
TWO DOUBLE NEIN Applause
300. Author: MACSDate: Fri, 4/26/2024, 2:29PM EST
Tree hundy
FirstPrev45678NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic