America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 10 days ago by youngra. 23 replies replies.
CC shipments , the worst its been
hnixon12 Offline
#1 Posted:
Joined: 04-20-2009
Posts: 2,171
I have had a seamless record of CC orders, until now, my first re-shipments, you would think since Embargo lifted, it would be smoother then it was, maybe not, since more are being shipped to US now?? dunno
gummy jones Offline
#2 Posted:
Joined: 07-06-2015
Posts: 4,646
What is the time frame where you start to worry?
hnixon12 Offline
#3 Posted:
Joined: 04-20-2009
Posts: 2,171
gummy jones wrote:
I'm starting to get a bad feeling about mine. What is the time frame where you start to worry?


I had a order shipped on 3/28, still dont have it..I email them and they say wait 22 days..i had my first orders re-shipped, which never happened to me before, seems like it was smoother before, i got one order that never changed from "status unavailable" for tracking number, but received cigars??

I have received orders that i placed after other orders?? its just crazy..

It makes me want to shy away from getting CC's, ya know
Thunder.Gerbil Offline
#4 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2006
Posts: 118,606
hnixon12 wrote:
I have had a seamless record of CC orders, until now, my first re-shipments, you would think since Embargo lifted, it would be smoother then it was, maybe not, since more are being shipped to US now?? dunno



The embargo hasn't been lifted and shipping cigars or any other Cuban goods into the US, be it person to person, internet order, mail order, phone order or whatever, is still illegal.

The only legal way to bring Cuban cigars and goods back into the US is to personally hand carry them in when returning from travel.
hnixon12 Offline
#5 Posted:
Joined: 04-20-2009
Posts: 2,171
Thunder.Gerbil wrote:
The embargo hasn't been lifted and shipping cigars or any other Cuban goods into the US, be it person to person, internet order, mail order, phone order or whatever, is still illegal.

The only legal way to bring Cuban cigars and goods back into the US is to personally hand carry them in when returning from travel.



oh ok, thought it was ok to ship to US, my bad..didnt know that..makes sense with the way they are shipping, supposedly they said they werent using tracking numbers
SteveS Offline
#6 Posted:
Joined: 01-13-2002
Posts: 8,181
Thunder.Gerbil wrote:
The embargo hasn't been lifted and shipping cigars or any other Cuban goods into the US, be it person to person, internet order, mail order, phone order or whatever, is still illegal.
The only legal way to bring Cuban cigars and goods back into the US is to personally hand carry them in when returning from travel.


What he said
KingoftheCove Offline
#7 Posted:
Joined: 10-08-2011
Posts: 3,864
hnixon12 wrote:
I had a order shipped on 3/28, still dont have it..I email them and they say wait 22 days..i had my first orders re-shipped, which never happened to me before, seems like it was smoother before, i got one order that never changed from "status unavailable" for tracking number, but received cigars??

I have received orders that i placed after other orders?? its just crazy..

It makes me want to shy away from getting CC's, ya know

Think
Maybe they installed the cbid "upgrade" package for shipping, billing, and inventory mgmt and stuff.
I heard it was an awesome software suite...
Thunder.Gerbil Offline
#8 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2006
Posts: 118,606
hnixon12 wrote:
oh ok, thought it was ok to ship to US, my bad..didnt know that..makes sense with the way they are shipping, supposedly they said they werent using tracking numbers


Some vendors stopped using tracking numbers a few years ago, they were getting too many interceptions. The idea was that without the tracking, the package wouldn't get looked at as closely and hopefully pass though ISC with less issues and more quickly.

If you bought from a reputable vendor with a guarantee, you will eventually get your cigars or your money back. The latter can sometimes take a long time for the 3rd party processor to complete though, like 6-8 weeks.
jespear Offline
#9 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2004
Posts: 6,706
KingoftheCove wrote:
Think
Maybe they installed the cbid "upgrade" package for shipping, billing, and inventory mgmt and stuff.
I heard it was an awesome software suite...


Ooooooooooooooo . . . That was a low blow. OhMyGod
Thunder.Gerbil Offline
#10 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2006
Posts: 118,606
jespear wrote:
Ooooooooooooooo . . . That was a low blow. OhMyGod



It was funny though.
jespear Offline
#11 Posted:
Joined: 03-19-2004
Posts: 6,706
Thunder.Gerbil wrote:
It was funny though.


That it was !
m j toal Offline
#12 Posted:
Joined: 03-06-2009
Posts: 3,131
I can honestly say that I have not had one single problem with my shipping orders. I've won a number of cigars,
mostly boxes, lately with no issues.
delta1 Offline
#13 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 10,069
Where can one win a number of cigars?
gummy jones Offline
#14 Posted:
Joined: 07-06-2015
Posts: 4,646
delta1 wrote:
Where can one win a number of cigars?


i think the county fair if you are good at throwing a plastic ring
jjanecka Offline
#15 Posted:
Joined: 12-08-2015
Posts: 2,038
Probably trump increasing customs funding.
Thunder.Gerbil Offline
#16 Posted:
Joined: 11-02-2006
Posts: 118,606
delta1 wrote:
Where can one win a number of cigars?


www.cubancigarbid.com

duh.
m j toal Offline
#17 Posted:
Joined: 03-06-2009
Posts: 3,131
delta1 wrote:
Where can one win a number of cigars?


Hater!
hnixon12 Offline
#18 Posted:
Joined: 04-20-2009
Posts: 2,171
gummy jones wrote:
i think the county fair if you are good at throwing a plastic ring

hey Gummy mailbox is full Brotein Shake
gummy jones Offline
#19 Posted:
Joined: 07-06-2015
Posts: 4,646
Should be good
Sled Offline
#20 Posted:
Joined: 06-23-2012
Posts: 69
I had some go missing from early february and I got a CBP letter last week. First one of those in several years
shaun341 Offline
#21 Posted:
Joined: 08-02-2012
Posts: 6,660
I received a few packages from a dealer that was discussed on this forum recently and the green tag on it said cigars recently, valued at $50. Came through in 2 weeks time or less as always to. Last package I got from there recently didn't have the green tag on it which I thought was odd but they got there so never thought about it again. They use tracking and it is accurate as well

MACS Offline
#22 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 59,576
Thunder.Gerbil wrote:
The embargo hasn't been lifted and shipping cigars or any other Cuban goods into the US, be it person to person, internet order, mail order, phone order or whatever, is still illegal.

The only legal way to bring Cuban cigars and goods back into the US is to personally hand carry them in when returning from travel.


You know it, my brutha. I'm curious as to where folks got the idea that the embargo has been lifted.

It hasn't. The travel ban was lifted.
youngra Offline
#23 Posted:
Joined: 11-07-2011
Posts: 1,846
Have never had an issue with shipments - recently put in an order - we'll see - should be here in a week or two if no issues......... And yes - only order from a vendor with a guarantee.........
Users browsing this topic
Guest